Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Senior Auditor based in London. Reporting to the Audit Manager, the post holder will be conduct assigned internal audit reviews within the Group businesses in order to provide assurance on the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the internal control environment and risk management framework.
- To lead the planning of Internal Audit Reviews through business engagement, developing and agreeing the audit scope, identifying key risks for each review and detailed fieldwork plans and time budgets for each review.
- To lead the execution of Internal Audit Reviews through assessing the adequacy of control environments, risk management, control activities, information and communication, and monitoring in the areas under review. Also, to identify emerging issues for consideration in reporting and to flag potentially
serious issues to audit and business management as they emerge.
- To report on Internal Audit Reviews through drafting audit reports for review by audit and business management, agreeing management action plans and target dates and ensuring all reported issues are evidenced in audit documentation.
- To monitor the progress of Management Action Plans resulting from audit reviews through liaising with business management and updating GIA action tracking database accordingly. Where appropriate, contribute updates on management actions for reporting to Executive Management
- To identify, build and maintain relationships with appropriate members of the business within assigned relationship management areas and to use these relationships to provide early warning of potential control or risk management issues, identify areas for inclusion in the annual audit plan and to influence improvement in risk management and control in business processes, projects and change management.
- To develop and maintain a strong business understanding of key business, finance, regulatory and IT activities and risks and of significant developments within the financial services industry and use this understanding to influence the annual audit planning process.
- To develop and maintain a strong understanding of GIA process and procedures and apply these in the execution of audit reviews and to take a proactive role in the support and continual improvement of the audit team.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree and/or a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIIA, ACA) and/or significant relevant audit, risk management, control or financial services qualification. You will also have at least 2 years of work experience preferably in a large multi-national, financial services or Big 4 firm. This is a good opportunity to gain exposure with senior stakeholders within the business as well as the wider finance function.
Rutherford Briant are the Leading Quality Driven Accountancy and HR Recruitment Specialists in East Anglia