My client is a UK leading Freight forwarding company with multiple newly built office locations across the UK.
This role is offering an organised person with previous Import Coordinating experience a salary of £28,000, a clear career path and progression within the organisation.
The company have supportive teams as well as Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
As the Land Freight Operator, you will be responsible for arranging and monitoring Land freight shipments and liaising with suppliers and partners to deliver a high level of service to clients, so their expectations are met.
The company has its own free carpark with lots of parking available.
Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 08.30 hours – 17.30 hours
Main Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare import documents in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Liaise with other offices in the UK, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements
- Check shipping invoices & packing lists for accuracy.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers, suppliers, and
other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- Contact delivery UK destinations to book in deliveries
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g., invoicing, filing, queries, claims, POD handling
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Land Freight Operator or in a similar role preferable (experience in freight ideally one year)
- High organisational skills and ability to manage many projects at the same time.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems.
- An administrative background.
- Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Work as part of a team
The interview process for this role will be quick and easy. There will be a first stage telephone conversation with the internal HR team followed by a final stage interview on-site. If this seems like something you would be interested in, please apply now!