Rutherford Briant are looking for a Senior Project Manager for a multimillion-pound logistics company. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a role where they can add real value and be a key part of a team in a dynamic and fast changing environment.
This role will be reporting to the Head of IT. You will provide high level project management support covering end to end IT infrastructure, networks, application and automation across all UK sites.
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000 (Plus annual bonus up to 20% of annual salary)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon – Fri (UK travel will be required within this role)
To include duties such as:
Project Management - Responsible for end-to-end IT infrastructure, network, application and automation projects delivery; from discovery, initiation and planning, through to execution, monitoring, controlling, roll out and post implementation support. This includes:
- Developing detailed Project Management plans including programmes, interface matrix, risk matrices, project delivery documentation, commissioning and implementation plans along with other aspects required for the successful delivery of a project
- Manage and control business analysis and system testing functions, ensuring project documentations are fully signed off and appropriately stored, and testing is completed with zero defects before release
- Provide project reporting, facilitate analysis workshops, checkpoint meetings, and direct software release/deployment effort
- Responsible for preparing and getting approval for project budget, cost control, managing project budget and contract management
- Responsible for Contractor/ supplier claims, assessing and making recommendations to Management
- Manage service level agreements with external providers and ensure their fulfilment to the best interest of the business
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on project updates for management
Stakeholder management - Working effectively with internal and external stakeholders which may often involve cross functional business units, senior managers and third-party suppliers. Responsibilities include providing project and technical support, partaking actively at Scrum Development ceremonies and working closely with the business to support the implementation of the systems and infrastructure Global IT portfolio.
People Management - Support the head of IT with local IT management during absence
- Diploma/degree, or equivalent education level in a business or technology discipline
- Having training/certificate for Prince 2 / Agile PM/ PMP Practitioner or equivalent
Demonstratable experience in:
- Technical project management experience
- Managing mid and big size IT infrastructure, Network, Application or Automation projects
- Management or supervisory responsibilities
- Managing the full project and software development lifecycle
- Good technical skills and knowledge of both IT infrastructure and IT Software development in order to be able to work effectively with different teams to bring solid manageable solutions to the business
- Business Acumen skills
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an ability to suggest and direct the infrastructure and development teams to solve issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly communicate at any level of the organization
- Strategic influencing and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good customer and stakeholder relationship skills
What’s in it for you?
- Generous annual leave allowance (28 Days – Including Bank Holidays).
- Attractive annual Bonus Scheme.
- Flexible benefits platform allowing you to pick and choose the benefits that suit you, including car leasing and cycle scheme.
- Professional membership subscription - fee paid for by us.
- Health Cash Plan – low-cost insurance package that provides cash back towards healthcare bills and a wide range of other wellbeing benefits. You will receive cover for all kinds of treatments including eye care and dentistry, specialist consultations, x-ray etc.
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- 4 x salary life assurance – creating financial security for you and your family.
- Onsite Gym / showers facilities / free parking
- Onsite Catering facilities.
If you have technical knowledge and experience delivering the full project management life cycle, this could be the perfect role for you!