Rutherford Briant are currently looking for an Import Operations Coordinator for a worldwide logistics company for their offices based in Basildon, Essex.
- Manage import process from pre-alert to release via Topaz system
- Liaise with UK warehouses/clearing agents to achieve devan target of 2 working days from vessel arrival
- Send invoices to UK importers prior to shipments arriving – whilst checking correct tariff
- Ensure cost estimates are entered on all jobs within the correct accounting month
- Check purchase invoices are correct on receipt. Pass all correct invoices for payment and dispute anything that is not as agreed.
- Ensure all operational issues are clearly documented in writing, keeping supervisor in copy of all correspondence
- Access invoice queries on a daily basis via Topaz, resolve any queries and forward anything that is on your list in error to correct party
- Close files after checking everything has been charged/costed and maximum profitability is achieved
- Keep client’s SOP’s updated
- Answer telephone in a timely manner
Salary - £25,000 – £30,000 Full-time position.
To find out more about this role and company, please apply today!