Rutherford Briant are looking for an interim Finance Manager for a high growth business based close to Brentwood in Essex for an initial 12-month period which is likely to be extended.
This business has gone through a number of changes over the past 12 months and due to large amounts of projects require a qualified accountant to assist the business through a high profile transition.
Offering hybrid working, the opportunity to engage with all functions of the company and the chance to become a key part of the leadership team.
Salary- £90,000 - £95,000
Potential for bonus
- Support the Group Finance Director in the leadership of and management of all Group Finance activities
- The preparation and review of monthly management accounts including consolidated internal group reporting and subsidiary statutory accounts and related audit activities
- Work closely with onshore finance teams (head office & business units) providing accounting guidance as required as well as supporting the improvement of new processes & the internal control environment
- Ensure compliance with group accounting policies (existing corporate policies) through regular review and on-going communication
- Providing independent review to ensure that all monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed promptly and that unreconciled items are investigated and resolved in a timely manner
- Preparation and review of monthly accounting for the Group’s head office entities (one permanent team member supports)
- Liaison with external auditors to ensure that audits are properly planned, carried out and that financial reports are prepared within set timelines
- Leading the Group’s Accounts Payable, Expenses and Cashiers team
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Group Finance Director / Finance Leadership Team
Experience & attributes
- Qualified accountant (ideally with audit experience) with at least 5 years PQE
- Specific group reporting / head office experience in financial consolidations, processes & controls, head office management accounting
- Strong accounting and technical knowledge under FRS101 reporting requirements
- Keen attention to detail with a clear understanding of and commitment to robust data integrity and reconciliation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience of influencing at all level