We are recruiting for an Ocean Import Coordinator to join a friendly team based in Dewsbury. Reporting to and working with the Operations Manager, the Ocean Import Coordinator will work on one key account and provide a pivotal role in building and maintaining a strong working relationship with this customer.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Ocean Import Coordinator is responsible for liaising between customers, suppliers and transport companies to ensure efficient deliveries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of the import process, including import customs entries;
- Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met;
- Liaise between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information;
- Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments;
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met;
- Taking control of the delivery arrangement process, including working with overseas agents to arrange new bookings;
- Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions;
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management;
- Cover the export operations when required;
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and literacy with Microsoft Excel;
- Demonstrate accurate attention to detail at all times;
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.