- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- Generate custom from sales pipeline.
- Meet with clients face to face, over the phone / Teams etc.
- Build / develop relationships with clients
- Understand the needs of your clients and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet/exceed these
- Have a strong understanding of the businesses’ services and be able to advise others about them
What You’ll need to Succeed
To achieve all of that, you will be able to demonstrate and show evidence of:
- Full understanding of import sea and air freight
- A proven sales track record
- An existing custom pipeline
- An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with clients and business associates
- interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients
- written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills
- IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- decision-making skills
- a flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to work
- The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals