Rutherford Briant are thrilled to be recruiting for a Health and Safety Compliance Manager to work for a global leading manufacturing/supply company within the construction industry. Our client prides themselves on manufacturing mostly all of their products in-house from within their own factories around the UK.
They are extremely environmentally conscious and are advocates of sustainability throughout all of their activities, and they have even invested in a recycling plant to assist with landfill.
This is a fully site based role, located in Chelmsford, Essex. The Health and Safety Compliance Manager will be client facing, and having a NEBOSH qualification is essential. The salary for this role is a range from £35,000-£50,000 depending on relevant qualifications and experience.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
- To ensure the company workers are compliant with all health and safety regulations
- To keep up to date with the company Health and Safety policies
- Produce and maintain new and up-to-date Health and Safety Policies for the company
- Working with HR to develop an appropriate supporting workplace wellbeing programme
- To oversee consistency of delivery of health and safety and identify and pursue significant issues Key activities
- Set direction for effective health and safety management and appropriate workplace wellbeing programmes for staff as appropriate.
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming health and safety legislation and ensure the systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance and other requirements
- Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of health, safety and wellbeing within their areas of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance of facility and equipment.
- Ensure all actions are controlled, documented and maintained in accordance with regulations and guidelines
- Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and incident management systems are in place and followed across the organisation
- Identify, provide and/or procure an effective health and safety related training regime
- Manage and Coach and enable the Line Managers to support the delivery of the change programme including equipping them with the necessary knowledge and skills to manage and maintain the management system
If this seems like something that would interest you, please apply now!