Rutherford Briant are delighted to be working with a globally recognised Logistics & Supply Chain business to recruit for a Payroll & HR Administrator. Our client is passionate about nurturing talent and offers multiple learning and development opportunities to support the personal and professional growth of each team member.
Their teams are empowered to actively take part in developing the future of the business through regular feedback opportunities, and being involved in creating positive change. This is an opportunity to be part of a fantastic team that provides the opportunity to get involved in community and social projects as well as multiple career advancing opportunities.
The benefits of working for this company are:
- Hybrid working - 3 days home, 2 days office (once fully inducted)
- Free onsite parking
- Laptop/Phone/Screens provided
- Electric charging points for electric cars
- 20 days annual leave, increasing to 23 days after 1 full year of service
- Plenty of L&D opportunities
- Free drinks & snacks
- Away days & events
This role is reporting into the Head of Corporate Services and will be assisting with US & UK Payroll, as well as HR Administration. You will have regular progress meetings with your line manager who will provide support, guidance, and encouragement throughout your career journey with our client. This role is based in Chelmsford and is 2 days in the office, 3 days working from home.
This role is suitable for an individual with either payroll or HR experience.
- Confirming that all new hires and terminations are entered on to Payroll system with HR;
- Checking that all managers have approved the timecards for Non-Exempt Employees;
- Checking the accuracy of timecards for Non-Exempt employees, to ensure that recorded hours are within expected and reasonable parameters;
- Checking adjustments for Holidays, Paid Time Off and Overtime;
- Liaising with managers, should there be any discrepancies
Support the Payroll Manager in running the weekly payrolls by;
- Prepare, process and manage the payroll functions from start to finish ensuring appropriate review and approval;
- Produce payroll reports, payslips, PAYE remittances and P45s as required;
- Generate and submit the weekly/monthly BACS payment for final transmission;
- Cover for the Payroll Manager during periods of absence.
- Assist managers with recruitment, including advertising, shortlisting, arranging interviews and speaking with agencies when necessary.
- Prepare all documentation in relation to appointments, including offer letters and contracts.
- To undertake all required pre-employment checks, updating and discussing with line manager as appropriate.
- To ensure all new starter paperwork is completed and relevant information provided to Payroll
Interviews are to be held ideally face to face as soon as possible. Please apply now if you think this is the position for you!