Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a newly created Project Accountant role in Colchester. The role is to Business Partner the Operations and Project teams to give an insight to costs for multiple ongoing short- and long-term projects. You will also assist in the costings of new tenders for new projects. This is a very commercial role and due to this being newly created you can really make it your own and implement new ways for the business to operate and add real commercial value.
- Review and preparation of tender and contract documents, including but not limited to detailed bills of quantities, as required by the business.
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
- Undertake cost analysis and continuous monitoring for each project.
- Provide periodical reports on variations to contracts that may affect costs.
- Attend site visits as required to enable accurate costings of jobs.
- Manage all associated project related claims or commercial variations
- Attend commercial interface meetings between projects and the finance team
- Attend meetings with clients
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company with a dedicated team of professionals. It is a key position with the opportunity to be instrumental in designing and implementing process and control to gain efficiencies and improve margins to drive growth.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a project or costing role. Our client is being flexible with qualification recognising that experience is more important. Hybrid working is also offered.