Rutherford Briant have the pleasure of assisting a fast growing, award winning Telecomms data analytic business to secure a Senior Java Developer.
The right candidate will be a highly experienced senior developer, used to working within a team and reporting to the lead developer. Commercial experience with web applications Java SE or EE, several years experience acting in the capacity of a design authority. You should be an expert in the understanding and knowledge in "programming internals" such as the management of data structures, test strings management resources, network connectivity, and other logic and algorithmic areas.
This role will give the candidate an opportunity to fully harness their software engineering skills. You will review, supervise, and provide guidance on other team members proposed designs, in addition to proposing and orchestrating top and low level design decisions yourself.
- Design authority responsibility across numerous technical areas of the product
- Liaise with product team effectively to get the complete set of requirements
- Full software life-cycle involvement in enhancing our web applications, e.g designing, coding, and maintaining server-side components in Java
- Run and maintain test scenarios, in addition to addressing defects
- Full participation in the Agile software development activities, i.e daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and backlog creation activities
- Write supporting design and technical documentation
- 3+ years commercial experience being a product and architectural design authority
- 5+ years commercial experience developing multi-threaded server-side applications using Oracle Java, including exceptional knowledge of Generic Programming
- Multi-threaded server-side web applications development using Java in Servlet web container using an MVC architecture-based framework such as Stuts, JSF, etc.
- Microservice architecture design patterns
- Knowledge on how to build application on AWS/Azue using its inbuilt components
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
This is a business that has very ambitious growth plans over the next few years, this is a chance to be part of a business that will allow you to grow professionally. If this sounds like you, please apply.