Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager for a fantastic Top 20 Accountancy Firm based in their great London office. They are a forward-thinking firm with very modern offices, offering the ability to work from home 2-3 days per week.
They offer market leading salaries, and great company benefits as well as a proven track record of career progression.
The position would suit a dynamic candidate who is looking for a new challenge and an exciting, varied role. The ideal candidate would be a Senior looking to progress or someone who has recently taken up an Assistant Manager position.
What's in it for you?
• Hybrid working
• Generous Annual Leave
• Life Assurance
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• Retail and Gym Discounts
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Generous Pension Contribution
• Managers Skill Programme
This is a corporate compliance tax role, which reports to the Tax Manager and will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients. You will also be providing support to supervisors and managers. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client’s behalf.
• Preparing annual corporation tax returns and tax computations
• Obtaining missing information etc. from the client, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate
• Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by accounts staff
• Advising clients on corporation tax liabilities as they become due
• Monitoring and requesting budgets for the work that you are doing
• Electronically filing tax returns and monitoring deadlines
• Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails to HMRC and clients for the supervisor’s approval
• Drafting replies to client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
• Assisting in dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC
• Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
• Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research
If you're looking for a change in pace from your current tax role and are looking for a step up and a new challenge, then this could just be the opportunity that you're looking for.
Rutherford Briant is passionate about equity, diversity, and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage underrepresented talent to apply to vacancies with us. We are committed to recruitment processes that are fair for all, regardless of background and personal characteristics.
Please apply below!