Rutherford Briant are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join a fast-growing business who have doubled in size over the last 12 months based in Epping.
Offering hybrid working, the chance to take on various process improvement projects and to work with an experienced leadership team, this is perfect for someone who is looking to continue studying.
This opportunity comes with the view of this person progressing into a Management Accountant as the business continues to expand into new markets.
- Working closely with the finance and operational teams you will have complete oversight of the Purchase and Sales Ledger while assisting with the preparation of the management accounts.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis on sales, overheads and processes
- Obtain approval for all UK purchase/supplier invoices and process.
- Undertake daily bank reconciliation within Xero.
- Review purchase ledger regularly and chase missing AP invoices.
- Ensure the accuracy of all purchase/supplier invoices before uploading to the accounting system.
- Ensure supplier ledgers are fully reconciled on Xero.
- Maintain and update supplier ledgers with bank details regularly.
- Review and maintain customer ledgers
- Action credit control function to ensure customer payments are received promptly
- Produce cost of sale and overhead analysis.
- Be a first point of contact for all finance queries.
- Produce daily stock reconciliations and, alongside the Operations Team, assess any unexpected stock movements.
- Assist finance manager with monthly management accounts.
- Provide cover for team members during vacation/illness/vacancy periods.
- Compile ad-hoc reports and/or analysis as and when required.
- Contribute and support the continuous improvement of Finance systems, practices, and policies.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- Educated to college level and working towards a professional accounting qualification.
- Xero experience is required.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Strong experience in credit control.
- Experience in AP functions desirable.
- Collaborative self starter with initiative, who is goal driven
- Creative thinking "outside the box" to provide solutions and solve problems
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Energetic, confident, charismatic - a credible team player
- Hybrid working
- Study Support
- £26,000 - £30,000
- Opportunity to progress