Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis for a highly successful, international freight forwarding business based in Billericay who are a household name in the shipping industry. The company has significantly increased their profitability over the last few years, and they are looking to capitalise on this recent growth by making additions to their finance team.
Our client is looking to recruit an Immediately Available accounting professional who possesses previous experience of working within purchase ledger/accounts payable, as well as solid mathematical and analytical skills and someone who can handle a busy office environment.
Reporting into the Head of Commercial Finance, the role will see you carrying out the following core responsibilities:
- Supporting the Purchase Ledger with data reconciliation / query log and resolution.
- Following a detailed process to ensure accurate customer billing for Shipping and Duty.
- Receiving Purchase invoices and distributing them for authorisation.
- Posting, matching and coding invoices, ensuring timely payments are made.
- Identifying additional elements on the Purchase invoices that require passing onto the customer.
- Supporting the finance team with any ad-hoc duties as and when required.
What you will need:
- Previous experience within Purchase Ledger.
- Solid mathematical and data analysis skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Available Immediately.
What you will get in return:
- A competitive salary paying up to £25,000.
- Hybrid working.
- Free gym membership.
- Private healthcare.
- Company social events & pay day treats.
- Employee of The Month bonus.
Should you fit this criteria and happen to be seeking new immediate opportunities within Accounting and Finance, please apply now!