Rutherford Briant are recruiting for an exciting opportunity as an Accounts Manager for a regional accountancy firm based in Bury St Edmunds be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and provide high quality compliance services for a range of private clients including high net worth individuals, directors of small and medium sized companies and trustees.
This company offer a good work/life balance by providing flexible working Monday – Friday 9:00am-5:30pm. Career progression and opportunities and a highly rewarding culture which is both diverse and inclusive. The company also offers generous annual leave, continued development and a wellbeing programme.
What you will be doing:
- Be fully accountable for the provision of accounting services including corporate and personal tax returns and special services for a portfolio of clients with annual fees of £150k plus.
- Manage portfolios of clients and manage relationships with clients and identify opportunities for additional services.
- Responsible for reviewing and finalising client records, file sections, cross referencing schedule and completed work programmes.
- Review completed VAT return forms, prepared self-assessment tax returns, business and partnership tax returns.
- Review the P11D and other payroll advice and services.
- Review submitted confirmation statements, company house forms, secretarial work and statutory books.
- Review work of staff, ensuring quality in compliance with professional standards/requirements.
- Be responsible for recruitment, selection, training and development of staff.
- Undertake other reasonable work activities as determined by the Partners and managers.
In return you will get:
- Flexible working and a strong ethic to support wellbeing.
- Competitive salary and benefits including pension, life assurance, wellbeing allowance and bonuses.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
- Tax efficient pension and more!
- Qualified ACA/ACCA
- Strong people management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills in both verbal and written English.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills with experience using Xero, Caseware, Sage and CCH.
- Proven experience of Statutory accounts and management accounts within Practice.
- VAT knowledge
- Experience managing a client portfolio