Rutherford Briant have recently taken on an Accountant vacancy with a highly esteemed and ambitious transportation and logistics company who possess three entities based out of Basildon, New York and Hong Kong. During the pandemic our client had a sizeable reduction of their finance team, but since then business has picked up over the past 2 years and profitability has increased significantly, so they are now looking to make additions to their finance team to provide support to the Financial Controller.
Our client is ideally looking to recruit an AAT qualified accounting professional who has gained decent experience in multiple aspects of accounting including assisting with management accounts, handling supplier statements, account reconciliations, month-end accruals and much more. Ambitious individuals who want to progress within a fast-paced environment and take on increased responsibilities would be the recommended ideal candidates for this position.
They are offering a competitive salary up to £33,000, as well as study support, fully remote working/hybrid working (depending on your preference), a clear route for progression and more!
What you will do:
- Management of the day-to-day accounts of both the Purchase and Sales Ledgers.
- Allocating and matching of cash receipts to accounts.
- Sending out statements and copy invoices.
- Inputting data of new customer accounts.
- Raising manual rebate credits.
- Actively collecting debts in accordance with company policy.
- Timely completion of invoices and credit notes.
- Liaising with staff in order to resolve queries and facilitate payment.
- Maintaining databases and spreadsheets for outstanding debtors and creditors.
- Providing advice and assistance on queries.
- Recording invoices.
- Providing relevant coding to appropriate cost centres.
- Preparing weekly and monthly payments.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Check and validate employee expense claims.
- Deputize for the Financial Controller in the times of holiday, sickness etc.
What you will need:
- AAT qualification/close to completion of studies.
- Experience of working across a range of finance duties commensurate with that of an Accounts Assistant.
- Competent level of Excel skills and experience in working with proprietary finance systems
- Ideally previous experience of using Navision / Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to work remotely.
What you will get in return:
- A competitive salary up to £33,000.
- Remote working / hybrid working.
- Study support.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- A clear route for progression.