Business Tax Manager – Top 50 Firm
London (Hybrid) - £60k - £75k + Excellent Benefits Package
A Top 50 Firm with a family feel are looking to expand their Business Tax Team and are seeking a Business Tax Manager. They are continuously winning business and working with some great clients across varying sectors including large companies, partnerships, and sole traders.
They strive to be the best, innovate and always do exceptional work. That’s who we are and what our clients deserve.
The growth of the team has created an opportunity for an individual wishing to diversify their experience and accelerate their career. Running a portfolio of compliance cases along-side the audit and accounts team. There will also be staff management and development involved.
They are looking for a Business Tax Manager with strong technical knowledge and experience operating in a commercial environment.
What’s in it for you?
- 28 days holiday per year plus bank holidays with the option to buy and sell 5 days’ holiday
- Group Income Protection in case you’re unable to work due to illness or incapacity for an extended period
- Health Cash Plan to support common medical requirements
- Hybrid working - 60% of working hours as office based
- Core hours 10am – 4:30pm
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Salary sacrifice pension up to 5%
- Plus a whole array of additional optional benefits
The client base includes dealing with the tax affairs of a significant number of companies, partnerships, and sole traders.
Main duties will revolve around compliance work and will include the following:
- Liaising with clients on routine and ad-hoc assignments including correspondence by email, telephone and face to face meetings
- Overseeing the collation of all the information needed to prepare the corporation and business/personal tax returns involving liaising with the audit teams, other third-party professionals and the clients themselves. Good communication and ability to build rapport is essential
- Preparation and attendance at client meetings and ensuring all follow up work is carried out timely and appropriately taking into consideration budgets
- Reviewing tax returns prepared by other members of staff for approval by the client
- Promptly dealing with routine post received in connection with those clients
- Prioritising and organising own work to ensure consistently high standard of client care and to meet HMRC deadlines – working without supervision and to show initiative in dealing with clients’ affairs.
- Billing clients on a quarterly basis and keeping partners appraised of any budget concerns.
- Responsible for monitoring own time budgets and chargeability.
- Attendance and contribution at internal departmental management meetings.
- Overseeing the annual employment taxes returns completion i.e. forms P11D and ERS returns connected to the client portfolio.
If you're looking for a change in pace from your current Business Tax role, then this could just be the opportunity that you are looking for.
Please apply below!
Rutherford Briant is passionate about equity, diversity, and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage underrepresented talent to apply to vacancies with us. We are committed to recruitment processes that are fair for all, regardless of background and personal characteristics.