Global company with a family friendly feel based in Stowmarket are seeking a Part Time HR assistant to join their team.
This is a 30 hour a week contract.
The HR Assistant is responsible for providing varied personnel and administrative support to the HR Department and employees, and provide some administrative support to the site as and when required.
Salary £21,429 (30 hours)
Pension 8% company, min 3% employee + life assurance
Private Healthcare Cash Plan
Company sick pay after 1st year, up to 6 months full pay
Long service awards 25 & 40 years.
- Completes and maintains all electronic and paper filing systems . Ensures all documentation (e.g. performance reviews, annual leave, sick leave, insurance, training records, address changes, personnel changes, etc. is promptly filed correctly and maintained in accordance with GDPR legislation and record retention procedures.
- Assists with administrative tasks and paperwork to include but not limited to; New Hire Orientation, training/seminar preparation, scheduling and preparing for various meetings, preparing, and welcoming of visitors/applicants, visitor travel support, pension activities, leaver checklists, and HR Monthly Reports etc.
- Organises and coordinate quarterly on-site Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Assists in accurately preparing and responsible for timely distribution to Managers of various HR related letters.
- Assists the HR Manager and Snr. HR Generalist with administrative assistance regarding ad-hoc projects, reports, updating and auditing HR processes.
- Posting of vacancies, communicating, and processing paperwork for applicants, phone screening candidates, creating and submitting rejection letters, reference checks, creating T&Cs, welcome letters.
- Ensure the corporate HR software system (i.e. SAP, SuccessFactors) tickets are raised in an accurate and timely manner.
- Update, record and monitor HR processes related to sickness absence management, training records, payroll, recruitment.
- Minimum 1 year experience at secretarial/clerical level, administrative, office support, or HR
- GCSE level qualification or equivalent, ideally grades A-C.
- Solid IT skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel PowerPoint & Outlook) Knowledge of SAP & SharePoint will be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English language (written & verbal)
- Basic understanding of the principles and practices of human resources management