Rutherford Briant are recruiting for a Junior Accounts Assistant role for a highly ambitious, fast-growing business based in South Ockendon. Reporting into the Assistant Accountant, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for their first opportunity within a finance function and to take on a wide range of transactional duties.
They are ideally looking to recruit an individual who is actively looking to study for an AAT qualification, possesses excellent communication and customer service skills, has the ability to handle large volumes of data in Excel, as well as someone who will be committed to continuing their professional development within their finance team long term.
The role will see you taking responsibility for the timely and accurate processing of all transactions for designated areas including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger.
What you will do:
- Processing payments, invoices, income and receipts.
- Accurate processing of all invoices and statements.
- Preparing payment runs using Sage.
- Calculating and checking to ensure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Maintaining and reconciling the company purchase and sales ledger.
- Liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers.
- Updating and maintaining procedural documentation.
- Chasing unpaid debt for designated areas.
- Responding to auditor queries.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as delegated by Assistant Accountant or Financial Controller.
What you will need:
- Looking to start an AAT qualification.
- IT literate - ability to handle large volumes of data in Excel.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Professional, tactful and friendly attitude.
- Commitment to continued professional development and training.
What you will get in return:
- £20,000 salary - rising to £22,000 post probation.
- Full study support.
- Free on-site parking.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- A clear route for progression.
- Full time in the office