IT Project Manager - Ipswich (office based until after probation. After this 3 in and 2 from home) - Up to £45,000
We are currently in search of a Project Manager to join our team and collaborate with our esteemed partner, the Senior Project Manager. In this role, you will actively contribute to our partner's continuous improvement efforts, aligning with their strategic goals and objectives. Your primary responsibilities will involve supporting the Project Management Office team in the planning, execution, and delivery of various IT and business projects. Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager, your role will primarily revolve around project administration and governance. Success in this position will require robust organisational skills, enabling you to create feasible plans, evaluate project resource needs, assist in budget preparation, closely monitor progress, ensure stakeholders are consistently informed, and manage their expectations effectively.
As the key point of contact for all projects, you will be responsible for maintaining documentation and plans, delivering timely project status reports, and ensuring that identified risks and issues are handled with appropriate attention, escalating as needed. This role will involve close collaboration with our Business Analysts. Exceptional communication and influencing abilities, along with strong customer service skills, are crucial, as you will be required to articulate project plans and solutions clearly and confidently to our end users. You will play a pivotal role in supporting a diverse range of projects, including both IT (Technical and Software) and non-IT business-focused initiatives, utilizing consistent skills, processes, and methodologies.
Outline of Main Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Senior Project Manager in developing project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Monitor and track project progress, promptly identifying and escalating any associated risks or issues.
- Effectively communicate project status to stakeholders, including management and other business unit members.
- Thoroughly document project activities and deliverables.
- Administer project tools and systems.
- Manage project-related risks and issues.
- Ensure strict adherence to project policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets based on the scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs to align with predefined budgets.
- Conduct risk management analysis to mitigate project risks.
- Maintain a detailed Risk Log, promptly escalating any changes.
- Provide consistent project updates to various stakeholders regarding strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Apply industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout project execution.
- Assist in monitoring project progress and making necessary adjustments to plans or budgets.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Contribute to the management of relationships with third parties and suppliers.
- Assist in planning and recommending enhancements to ensure cost-effective IT resource capacity meets current and future business requirements.
- Maintain project scope and manage stakeholder requirements.
- Contribute to regular reports to senior management on project progress.
- Evaluate and measure project outcomes to enhance the project management process.
- Play a part in developing project management processes and procedures and guide the business accordingly.
- Perform any other duties deemed reasonable and commensurate with the role.
Key Skills / Qualifications / Criteria:
- Minimum of 2 years of project management and related experience.
- Proficiency in at least one project management methodology (e.g., Waterfall, Agile); certification in at least one methodology is preferred.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Exceptional attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines.
- Proven track record of successfully managing projects through their entire life cycle.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and resourcefulness.
- Proven ability to complete projects in line with scope, budget, and timeline.
- Solid understanding of business cases and risk management processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Demonstrated self-management and team-management skills.
- Ability to monitor and control project budgets.
- Capability to make decisions under pressure.
If this sounds like you please APPLY NOW!